Sorry about last week’s menu or lack thereof; I was busy being very crafty and baking all week. There was tissue paper flowers, real flour, fabric and needles and a sewing machine, a hot glue gun with lots of glue sticks, multiple pairs of scissors, craft paper, cutting boards, cardboard boxes, and craft paing laying around. It looked like quite the craft tornado had blown through. So without further commentary here is this week’s menu:
- Beef Stew with Mushrooms – we really did eat this dish this week instead of just carrying it over as a formality.
- Cumin Crusted Pork Chops
- Craisin Salad with Sweet Marinated Chicken
- Alfredo with grilled chicken
- Taco Salad
- Tex Me Barley Bake – this is our meatless meal
- Curried Shrimp and Corn Soup – this is from the new Southern Living I just got and looks very yummy
That’s it as far as meals go, but I’ve bought some other ingredients to make a few fun dishes it I feel like it this week. They are Baked Curried Sweet Potato Fries and Split Pea Hummus. I’ll let one of my taste testers write a review after I make them that way you get an unbaised opinion on the recipes.