Casatiello is the next bread in my BBA challenge. I will think of this as my drama bread. After a rough start to the morning and a few missing ingredients, and general grief later I have the loaves. As of writing, I can’t really tell you much about the bread. See I am leaving to go to a wedding out in Oregon this weekend and a little R&R so I won’t be able to write this post later this week. Since my faithful following (a shoutout to you all) expects a bread a week I felt the need to make time to bake and blog before I leave. However, in a moment of blogging genius I thought that I would write the post early and then I could post while out of town and you wouldn’t be forced to wait all week long to hear from me.
So here’s what I know so far:
- I’m not a huge meat fan so this may not be my favorite.
- This is not a breakfast bread – this is a big negative since I like bread in the morning.
- Apparently while reheating some Chinese takeout there was a sauce spillage on the oven floor and it is now burning itself off so instead of smelling bread all I can smell is charred Chinese food.
- The dough reminded me of brioche a little, but not anywhere near as sticky.
- The bread contains gouda cheese – I love me some gouda.
- I will be glad when this drama bread is finished and I can return to easy drama-free bread baking.
Anyways, here are some pictures – a few of the same old stuff like sponges and dough and proofing. As usual, if you want the recipe just let me know and I can get it to you.