Ok I found this recipe online the other night and decided to try it since I had all of the ingredients on hand. I read a few reviews on it and I can now fully agree with them. It takes about 8 minutes to make and can be easily adjusted for however many servings you need. I will definitely be making this again in the very new future.
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking cocoa ***
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
***I used dark chocolate powder because that is what I had in the cabinet and it was plenty sweet.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, milk, and marshmallows in a pot and cook over medium heat until marshmallows are melted. Be careful to not boil and remember to stir consistently so as not to scorch the milk.
- Once marshmallows have melted remove from heat, stir in vanilla and serve.
Yields 4 servings
If you are like me and are only one person then you don’t wish to make 4 servings. Here is the ingredient measures that I used.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1 handful of mini marshmallows or 2-3 big ones
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.