I’m going to interrupt my Japan stuff to share this recipe. I decided to make this soup because it is easy and one of my favorites. This is a Marshall family favorite and I think my mom has been making forever and it always turns out therefore I have labeled it “tried and true”. On a side note don’t make this during the summer. I think it’s only good during winter.
- 4 – 6 Large Potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean sausage (breakfast sausage – regular flavor)
- milk (enough to cover potatoes) – don’t use skim milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Tblsp. butter
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite size pieces.
- Boil the potatoes with some salt and a tablespoon of butter until the potatoes are tender. Do not over boil because you don’t want potato mush.
- While the potatoes are cooking, brown the onion and sausage and break the sausage into small pieces.
- Drain the potatoes and the onions and meat.
- Put the potatoes back into the soup pot and cover with milk. Then add the cream of mushroom soup and the meat and onions and let simmer.
- A few minutes before you are ready to eat, cut the cream cheese into chunks and add to the soup.