I’ve included some new links on the side of my blog for anyone interested in knowing what I will be eating and doing while I’m in Tokyo and Fukishima during January. I think some of the websites are only in Japanese, but the pictures are pretty so enjoy the sites anyways. Here is a list of some of the things I will be doing:
- Taking a bus tour of Tokyo
- Visiting Fuji Film and the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Visiting the town of Nikko
- Bathing in the hot baths
- Visiting ancient cities and castles
- Eating a traditional meal
- Giving a speech
- Visiting Fukushima TV, the newspaper, and a radio station
- Learning about Early Childhood Education in Japan
- Learning about and preparing Japanese food – I get to take a cooking class so expect lots of pictures and culinary conversations 😉
- Learning traditional dances and playing the kodo
- We will also be learning traditional dance and having a tea ceromony – I’m really excited about this.
Those are just a few of our plans for the 2 1/2 weeks we are in Japan. More to come as a finish preparing and packing and finally arriving in Japan.