I found this recipe a few months ago while I was at B&N and I decided to try them out. These cupcakes are amazing and really easy to make. I can’t take all the credit for them because they are a Paula Deen recipe, but I do take credit for actually trying the recipe out. Although the recipe makes large cupcakes they can also be made into mini cupcakes which are really cute and fun. Enjoy!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Mix and bake cupcakes according to the directions on the box. I would suggest using cupcake paper liners in the pan so that you can remove them easily.
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- In a large bowl mix together the pudding, cream, confectioners’ sugar, milk, and sour cream.
- Beat at medium speed until stiff peaks form – should be the consistency of thick pudding.
- Put cream filling into a squeeze bottle.
- Squeeze approximately a tablespoon of cream into each cupcake.
The final step is to cover them with a chocolate Ganache…
Sinful Chocolate Ganache
- 6 1oz squares of semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Use a double boiler and melt the chocolate and the cream together. Be sure to stir regularly so as not to burn the chocolate.
- Once the mixture is smooth whisk in the sugar and keep whisking until it is smooth.
- Put the ganache in the fridge and let it cool until it is a spreadable consistency or about 30 minutes.
- Spread it on the cupcakes and put them in the fridge.
***My cupcake icing trick is to turn the cupcake upside down and dip it into the chocolate. It may not always look perfect, but it is really easy.
Here is what the final cupcake should look like